Tuesday, November 02, 2021

 > Don't jinx yourself :). A normal life never seems to happen.

Of course not! C2's father has taken a turn for the worse. He is moving to hospice later today. Our house is much closer to the father's than C2's current place, so C2 is staying here until things are sorted out.

C2 doesn't have fond memories of his father or his childhood. His mother died in a car accident when he was four. His step mother died of leukemia a few years later. His father was distant and harsh. C2 moved in with a friend's family when he was 16. He joined the navy when he was 18.

C2 has always been quiet about his life before I met him. I can see why. There is not much he wants to remember.

Halloween-- It was good this year.  We had about forty kids. It was an early Halloween. Kids started showing up around 4:30. They stopped showing up by 7:00 so we turned out our lights by 7:30

The half empty bag of candy still sits on the kitchen counter. I'm going to throw it out. I don't trust myself to only eat one piece a day. I'll gorge.


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Sorry to hear about C2s father. I am sure it will be difficult to deal with.

Analytics