Uusally I eat my lunch in the cafeteria with same group of co-workers. Today brough my lunch in from home and ate it in my office.
I didn't realize it, but there is a bring-your-lunch-from-home clique. Mostly they are frugle people-- those trying to save every last sent to retire early or put the kids the college. When one of them saw me reheating my lunch at the microwave he said, half joking, "So you decided you needed more money in your 401K?"
After lunch one of my cafeteria-clique co-workers walked by my office. She saw the empty plastic container and asked me if I was going to abandon my cafeteria friends.
Ah, the strange politics of work.
On the Road. to the Magnolia State, Land of Cotton, Good People and Other
Sundry Matters
-
Well, today finds me packing up for an early morning ride tomorrow across
the Big Muddy. My assignment from the Powers at Be is to delve into the
intake...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment