I'm on the verge of quitting my job. On Wednesday I was in a scheduling meeting. As we went over the schedules, I was overcome by the feeling that I didn't want to do this any more. If I quit my job I would be free of micro managing project managers. Free of the boredom. Free of the paper work. Free to be outside in the sun. For the next fifteen minutes I thought through the logistics. How long could I live without a salary? What would I do next?
Wednesday night I talked about it with C2. We saw Kill Bill: Vol. 2 A fairly good move, though a bit too talky.
Thursday morning I approached my job with the attitude "I don't care if I get fired." I told my manager about two different areas that I didn't have enough time to do a quality job on. He agreed with me and we split my job into three.
Hmmm. So I have less work now.
I'm still going to do my resume. But, we'll see how things go.
We had survivor potluck last night. For the first time in a while, the food was great.
On the Road. to the Magnolia State, Land of Cotton, Good People and Other
Sundry Matters
-
Well, today finds me packing up for an early morning ride tomorrow across
the Big Muddy. My assignment from the Powers at Be is to delve into the
intake...
16 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment