I've just realized that I've become "The Man/The System" that youth rebel against, that complain we never give them a break...
I interviewed a college grad on Thursday. He was a nice guy, fairly bright but very green. Right now he's stuck in a vicious circle. He needs some experience before he can get a job, but he can't get a job because he doesn't have experience. I can't hire him. Because of the recession, many ambitious, experienced and intelligent people have also been applying. Relative to them the college grad just wasn't the best person for the job.
I guess I've offically sold my soul to the company.
Matthew slept over last night. We didn't have sex. We had dinner, watched a movie (The Maddness of King George) and went to bed. He wakes up at 5am. I wake up at about 8:30. I don't understand people who can get by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. I need 8 or I feel sick and turn into a bastard.
On the Road. to the Magnolia State, Land of Cotton, Good People and Other
Sundry Matters
-
Well, today finds me packing up for an early morning ride tomorrow across
the Big Muddy. My assignment from the Powers at Be is to delve into the
intake...
16 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment