Saturday, March 25, 2023

The husband got rid of some of his old belongings. The experience made him a little blue. He had pictures of many of his old coworkers, grade and high school memorabilia, files, books. So many things. He could look at each thing and almost convince himself that it may be meaningful one day. Then he tempered that with the reality-- he hasn't looked in the boxes in years-- he hasn't kept touch with many of the people in decades. 

I struggle with that as well. While I'm pretty good with keeping my physical property in check, I may be a digital hoarder. I have so many files that just maybe useful one day. 


2 comments:

Bella said...

It can be hard to let go of things like that. I’m not a hoarder in the ‘junk’ sense, but I do keep a lot of things that aren’t necessarily useful, just for sentimental purposes. I think digital hoarding has become much the norm, especially because there’s near-endless storage available, and it’s not exactly visible, so we convince ourselves it’s fine.

Guillaume said...

I am sick since yesterday. I think springtime brings lots of bugs and illnesses.

Analytics