Friday, October 01, 2021

I was not on the approved list for the COVID booster. I was only scheduled to get a flu shot. While the nurse was reviewing my paperwork, I asked if I could also get a COVID booster. She looked over my vaccine card, a picture on my cell phone, then she said it was over six months since I've had my second vaccine and I could have a booster.

October--

Two years ago in October I left my big old job and started the hunt for someplace new.

Twenty years ago in October, I started this blog. 

So much has happened in twenty years. Hell-- so much has changed in two. There are a few constants. I've known the husband for most of that time. (Love you sweetie if you are reading this!) Most of my old friends are still my friends. Most everything else has been through the blender.

It makes me cautious about forward planning. The husband and I have been discussing retirement. We think we could do it in five or six years.  It sounds so easy-- keep working, save money, retire. The next five years probably won't be simple and straight forward though. Got only knows what twists and turns are on the road ahead. 

 

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

I have been thinking about retirement too. It is at least eight years away for me, though I doubt I will actually quit working. I will shift to something easier and part-time. I mark time from my divorce forward. I remember little of what occurred before that. Primarily because my post-divorce life was written in blog posts.

Bohemian said...

Wow 20 Years in at Blogging! I had to take an early Retirement to be The Man's full time unpaid Caregiver, it was not the Grand Plan, since he couldn't work and was Medically Retired, so it was kinda scary for both of us to try to exist on his Disability Income until I became old enough to draw my Pension and Social Security. Plus, we were Raising two of our Grandchildren so still had a Family on a fixed income, yikes, but, it all works out... and tho' I've taken on a few temp jobs and part time gigs from time to time whenever I could, I like Retirement just fine, it beats the Corporate Grind and juggling everything else while still holding down a demanding Career on top of everything else, which just got to be Too Much. Life is short, buy the Shoes...

Analytics