Monday, October 11, 2021

There are many feral chickens here. They flock in the parks. They flock around picnic tables, around people eating outdoors. The super aggressive ones will hop up on your table and dash for your sandwich.



Well, if I ever get to Hawaii, I will be doing all I can :)

Personal scheduling… the husband and I take opposite approaches. I like to keep my schedule clear with fewer commitments and plenty of downtime. I am comfortable winging it. Sometimes at the end of a trip, I will wish I did more, prepared more. 

The husband likes to fill his schedule up visiting the sites, exploring, driving around  towns, walking around neighborhoods, visiting old coworkers who happen to be in the same place, maybe stumbling on condos or hotels that look nice for future trips. He prefers a schedule thats full and predictable, with most of the problems thought through up front.  Sometimes in the middle of things he will exclaim that he is overcommitted and needs some downtime. 

We do balance each other. 

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

At this point, I will probably not make it out to Hawaii. Enjoy the downtime.

Bohemian said...

Most Couples seem to be Ying and Yang so they Balance each other. Like you, I don't like a full or predictable Schedule, I like things to be open to chance and some unexpected things that might be a nice Surprise. The Man on the other hand is very regimented and makes charts, graphs, etc. to Plan everything meticulously... I fly by the seat of my Pants compared to him. He likes to ask where we're going when we hop in the Truck, quite often my response is, I don't know, but we're on our way... I'd like to make a return trip to Hawaii, that's where we went on our Honeymoon, to Kauai.

Analytics